Spreading the Word Without Saying A Word Ministry by: Chico and Debbie Jimenez
WE ARE CHOSEN BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD
The following words are defined in the Strong’s Concordance to show that “WE ARE CHOSEN, ORDAINED, PREDESTINATED, FOREKNOWN and ELECTED BY GOD HIMSELF UNTO SALVATION!!!
Ordained 1) to set, put, place a) to place or lay b) to put down, lay down 1) to bend down 2) to lay off or aside, to wear or carry no longer 3) to lay by, lay aside money c) to set on (serve) something to eat or drink d) to set forth, something to be explained by discourse
2) to make a) to make (or set) for one’s self or for one’s use
3) to set, fix establish a) to set forth b) to establish, ordain.
Chosen 1) to pick out, choose, to pick or choose out for one’s self a) choosing one out of many, i.e. Jesus choosing his disciples b) choosing one for an office c) of God choosing whom he judged fit to receive his favours and separated from the rest of mankind to be peculiarly his own and to be attended continually by his gracious oversight 1) i.e. the Israelites d) of God the Father choosing Christians, as those whom he set apart from the irreligious multitude as dear unto himself, and whom he has rendered, through faith in Christ, citizens in the Messianic kingdom: (James 2:5) so that the ground of the choice lies in Christ and his merits only.
Predestinate 1) to predetermine, decide beforehand
2) in the NT of God decreeing from eternity
3) to foreordain, appoint beforehand
Foreknow 1) to have knowledge before hand
2) to foreknow a) of those whom God elected to salvation
3) to predestinate
Foreknowledge 1) foreknowledge
2) forethought, pre-arrangement
Elect 1) picked out, chosen a) chosen by God, 1) to obtain salvation through Christ a) Christians are called “chosen or elect” of God
2) the Messiah is called “elect”, as appointed by God to the most exalted office conceivable
3) choice, select, i.e. the best of its kind or class, excellence preeminent: applied to certain individual Christians
James 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, “Hath not God chosen” the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which He hath promised to them that love him?
Jesus Christ was chosen by “God” before the Foundation of the earth to be the “Saviour of the World”.
- 1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But “with the precious blood of Christ”, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 “Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world”, but was manifest in these last times for you,
- Hebrew 9:26 For then must he often have suffered “since the foundation of the world”: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
- John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me “before the foundation of the world”.
Just as God chose Moses to bring the people out of Egypt, God chose Pharaoh also to demonstrate His (God’s) own power and might as shown in Romans Chapter 9:15-17. It also shows that “God chooses on whom He will have Mercy and Compassion”!!
- Romans 9:15 For He saith to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy”, and “I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion”.16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, “but of God that sheweth mercy”.17 For the “scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth”.
- Philippians 2:13 For it is “God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure”.
Therefore, make no mistake, God Chose You and Me to have Eternal Life through Jesus Christ before the “Foundation of the Earth,” having predestinated or preordained His will in our lives for His good pleasure. He already knew every detail and circumstance in our lives before it ever happened. He knew Us, Yet He still Loves Us!!
- Ephesians 1:4 According as “He hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world”, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:5 “Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself”, according to the “good pleasure of His will”.
- Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and “as many as were ordained to eternal life believed”.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because “God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation” through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
- John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but “I have chosen you, and ordained you”, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
The following scriptures show that many were Chosen of God whether it be for the purpose of salvation or otherwise, God still chose them before the foundation of the world, regardless of the reason.
- Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: “for he is a chosen vessel”unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: (Paul)
- Matthew 12:18 Behold my servant, “whom I have chosen”; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon Him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. (Jesus)
- Acts 10:41“Not to all the people”, but unto “witnesses chosen before of God”, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. (Believers)
- 1 Peter 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but “chosen of God”, and precious, (Jesus)
- John 13:18 I speak not of you all: “I know whom I have chosen”: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me. (Judas)
- Acts 22:14 And he said, The “God of our fathers hath chosen thee”, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. (You the Believer)
- Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and “they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful”. (You the Believer)
- John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but “I have chosen you out of the world”, therefore the world hateth you. (You the Believer)
- Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect’s sake, “whom He hath chosen”, He hath shortened the days. (Believers)
Now, we can clearly see through the “Word of God” that not all people are chosen for salvation unto our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!! Some are of and some are of the world. We however are “Not of This World”!!
- 1 John 4:5 “They are of the world”: therefore speak they of the world, and “the world heareth them”.
- 1 John 4:6 “We are of God”: “he that knoweth God heareth us”; “he that is not of God heareth not us”. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
- Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell uponthe earth shall worship him, “whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world”.
- Revelation 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, “whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world”, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
- Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
- Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
- Romans 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth.
- Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
- 2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect‘s sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
- Titus 1:1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God’s elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
- 1 Peter 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
- Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
- James 1:18 “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth”, “that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures”.
Chico and Debbie